So I got all my materials and sat down in front of my machine. Hours, MANY mistakes, MANY jammed thread issues, and a few missed meals later, I had a pretty hideous crayon roll finished. I couldn't give that one to Zoe though and of course, I HAVE to keep my first sewing attempt so I can laugh at how bad it is. So I made this one to give her. It's still not perfect, but I hope she likes it.
In my first sewing attempt, I have learned that sewing will be quite difficult to master. It requires quite a lot of precision and patience. I can see that I will have a hard time letting go of my perfectionist tendencies when working on something. But that's probably a good thing for me :)
BTW--has anyone noticed that I have a craft room and now I've taken over the dining room? This isn't healthy.
BTW--has anyone noticed that I have a craft room and now I've taken over the dining room? This isn't healthy.








Beautiful! Zoe will love it.
ReplyDeleteThat's so cute! I think she'll love it, too. And I put "learn how to sew" on my list of things to do this summer, also. Funny! Of course, I don't have a sewing machine and don't plan on buying one anytime soon. I guess I'll just keep checking back here to get some ideas for whenever I do start. :) I made a dress once when I was a teenager. The picture on the pattern was really cute. But when I got finished with it, it looked like a pioneer dress. Good times.
ReplyDelete