If you're one of our followers that runs, I think it will be of interest because we always love to read and hear how each other's training is going. However, if you're one of our followers that doesn't run, I'm sure these posts won't be too interesting, but you can always pipe in with a comment like "Jen--you're such an amazing runner! You're totally going to rock out in Chicago!" ;)
This week my mid-week runs were less than stellar. This will be my new goal for next week. Get my butt in gear during the week. With that said, it wasn't terrible really. I skipped one because I had a pretty bad day after a doctor's visit. And one day got cut short on mileage due to pouring rain and a thunderstorm.
The long run this week was the best part for sure though. A nice 12 miler through The Woodlands. We started pretty early, so the heat was okay for most of it. I felt strong throughout the run. My feet started hurting a bit in the last 2, but that could just be because I really need new shoes.
The coolest parts of the long run this week had to be totally rocking out to my Pandora quick mix tunes. I have no shame about singing out loud on the running trails even though people are around. It doesn't embarrass Adam, so I just go for it. My three faves had to be Chicago-You're the Inspiration, Madonna-Material Girl, and Debbie Gibson-Lost in Your Eyes. Man, that Debbie Gibson song takes me back. As I'm typing this, I'm just wondering how is it that I have no problem singing in public while I'm running, and will not do karaoke? [end random thought]
The other fun part of our long run this week was taking a quick detour to Cattail Park to refill our water. This is where I got this SWEET picture of Adam. Yes, that's my husband, and yes, the fact that he does weird stuff like this is one of the many reasons I love him. [end cheesy moment]
This run reminded Adam of the importance of drinking and eating up the day before a long run. As in water and carbs. He didn't eat much at dinner last night (unlike me) and was a bit tired from a long night on Friday and having to go to work on Saturday. Even so, he still held up like a champ. I guess you could also comment how awesome Adam is as well. :)








Adam, you are awesome! (and cute)
ReplyDeleteJen, you're such an amazing person!
ReplyDeleteThanks Scott! Same to you Mr. Famous Runner! How many news stories/links do you have under your belt now??
ReplyDelete