7.02.2010

Ferguson Farm Peaches

Earlier this week, I met my mother-in-law, Jean in College Station to exchange some stuff we were storing for my sister-in-law Megan because she is going out to North Carolina where Megan is to visit with family.  Jean often likes to give Adam and I stuff they've grown or raised on their farm in Cameron.

She has given us various fruits, different cuts of beef, and fresh eggs.  This time, we got plums, a cantaloupe, and peaches.  With farm fresh peaches, what else could I do than make a peach cobbler?  I have never made peach cobbler from scratch before.  When I feel like peach cobbler, I usually make a dump cake recipe my mom taught me.  The one with two cans of peaches, a box of butter recipe yellow cake mix, and a stick of butter.  I actually make this one a lot when people are over because it's so easy.  (and will probably continue to make for this very reason)

With that said, after trying my hand at "from-scratch" peach cobbler, there is absolutely no comparison.  First, I had to find a recipe.  Most of the time, I got to allrecipes.com because I like how people can rate the recipes and if it has a lot of really good reviews, I'm likely to like it.  It's kind of like hotels.com or trip adviser for cooking.  I found this one called Southern Peach Cobbler.  Then, I had to learn how to pit a peach.  ehow.com took care of that for me.  It's not hard, but I'd never done it before.  I've just always eaten them like normal.  From there, I just followed the recipe exactly.

It was soooo good.  I have to admit, I actually had two servings.  (It's okay though because I did run 6 miles that morning)  It was so much better than my quick version or any store bought version.  I highly recommend it for a nice summer treat.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Sounds really good and Eddy loves cobbler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks good. so are you going to post the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a link to the recipe in the post. Let me know if you can't get it and I'll send it to you. I ate the last serving this morning after our long run. Soooo good :)

    ReplyDelete