This week I feel like I finally achieved my goal of amping up my midweek runs. With my long run being a bit short due to running the Too Hot to Handle 15K, I wanted to be sure to put in some good mid week runs, so I ran each day except Thursday. I even did some speed work (my first in a year due to the accident) and some hill repeats on a good hill in The Woodlands.
So, after such a bad long run last week, it was great to have a good week this week. I really feel like I'm on a good track to stay injury-free as I continue to get ready for Chicago. I signed up for this race back in February, so it seems a bit crazy that it is now 3 months away.
Next week I've got another 14 mile trail run and I hope to continue amping up my midweek runs instead of phoning them in. We have to do the 14 miler a day earlier than usual because we're leaving for Colorado on Saturday which means I won't have a training report next week, but we do plan to run (or try to) in the Colorado altitude. Should be fun :)
7.19.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Very nice.
ReplyDeleteI think you'll be fine running in CO. I prefer running in altitude to running in humidity.
Yay for running!
ReplyDelete