7.07.2010

Doggie Bag



When we travel or drop the dogs off for my mom to keep when they can't come with us, we have to take a lot of dog stuff with us.  Food, treats, leashes, water dishes, poopie bags, toys, rawhide chews, etc.  In the past, we've always used this Old Navy beach bag that I got some years ago.  The problem was that it was too small and one big compartment and everything got all mixed together in there.

Soooo, when I got my sewing machine, one of the things I wanted to make was a bag for all the dogs' stuff for when we're traveling.  I found a pattern for a bag that had one main compartment and a lot of pockets on the outside to keep stuff like leashes and poopie bags easily accessible.  I found this great "I heart my dog" fabric and set my mind to learning how to read a pattern.

In the past, when I make stuff and receive compliments, I'll often answer, "It was really easy!  You could do it too!"  However, there was nothing easy about making this bag.  It took me about 3 weeks and I made mistake after mistake.  Learning how to read a pattern was a real challenge.  (A shout out to my mom who helped me figure out one really confusing part!)  It's finally finished and it will have it's debut use when we go up to Dallas in a few weeks to run the Too Hot to Handle 15K.  Remember, the race I did the day of the accident?  Same race, one year later.

After I finished the bag, I told Adam, I'm going to take a break from sewing and do a different craft project next.  That is, until I found this:
I think I'll be going by JoAnn's today to get the pattern and pick material.  I will come out and officially admit it now.  I am without a doubt THAT kind of dog owner.  But seriously, how can I not be?  Just look at them :)



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Singer has created a monster. And i got in trouble for calling them Granddogs, yeah right!

    ReplyDelete