8.10.2010

The Thorn Birds

The Thorn BirdsThe Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


My book club chose this book for last year's July pick. I had started it and was enjoying it, but then I got in the accident and it was shelved for quite some time.

The Thorn Birds is one of those epic romances that spans generations. It centers on the story of Meggie who at a very young age falls in love with Father de Bricassart. The conflict lies in the fact that Father de Bricassart also loves her, but struggles with his vows and loving God more.

It is a great romantic drama for readers that enjoy the genre. Me, it's not typically something that would make it to my favorite list, but I would certainly recommend it if I knew you liked a good romance.

As a side, after reading it, I indulged myself by watching the miniseries. It was also enjoyable. Cheesy in a way that made you giggle out loud, but enjoyable.

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

  1. I read the book many years ago. That is where Megan got her name. I was going to call her Meggie but it never happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! Do you think she'd mind if I started calling her Meggie? Do you know if she's ever read it?

    Did you see the mini series as well?

    ReplyDelete