Single digit countdown! Double digit trail run! Triple digit temperatures!
This week proved that when I have a goal in mind, I will do what I need to do to achieve it. I set out to run 30 miles this week and I ran a total of 34.3 miles. This kind of raises the bar for me for the rest of my training. When I made my initial training plan, I wanted to hit a 30 mile week to be best prepared for Chicago and Goblin Valley, but now I'm considering upping it a bit more and hitting 40 miles. I do need to remember to be careful as to not get injured though. There is this "running rule" where you're not supposed to increase your weekly mileage more than 10% each week, but I wonder if that percentage can be increased based upon your current weekly mileage. As in, could I push to do 40 this week, or should I just add 3 miles and push for 40 next week? Hmmm...
A few highlights from the week include my first double run in quite a while, a really fun run with Macie where she ran through the creek chasing after birds, and a pretty grueling 16 miler at Huntsville State Park.
Next week we have a 30K night time trail race to look forward to in Pedernales Falls State Park outside of Austin. I'm looking forward to it as I had so much fun running the last night trail run, but then again, it will be 18.6 miles and that will be a feat in itself let alone the added challenge of running in the dark.
8.08.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment