8.09.2010

Cheap Healthy Good

Remember this post?

School starts next week and for the first time in 7 years, I won't be going back.  This means that Adam and I are no longer DINKs, but SINKs.  In order to keep us from being SUNK, we have really been looking at where and how we can cut our expenses these past few months.

One place I've found where we definitely overspend is at the grocery store.  So, I challenged myself to try and get out of the store with the lowest bill possible.  Which is actually kind of fun--like a game.

Problem is, a lot of cheap food is also unhealthy food, so I needed some tips and recipes to help me out with healthy shopping on a budget.  I found Cheap Healthy Good and it has really opened me up to a lot of recipes and other sites with great cheap, healthy recipes as well.

The coolest thing about the site is that it gives you the calorie count for each serving as well as a cost per meal break down.  This is really helpful because I hate figuring out calories for meals I prepare and the cost per meal break down showed me just how it easy it is to save money at the grocery store.  The best I've tried so far is the Black Bean Chili.  I found it in an article about food that should be stocked consistently in your pantry.  Let me know what you think about the site--hopefully everyone can save a buck and eat healthy at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment