8.11.2010

That's why I'm so slow!

I found this article--Running in the Heat; Respect Your Body, Respect the Heat--to be extremely interesting.  I feel like I do a very good job of respecting my body despite my ego and drive to want to do more and be better.  Something about being in a life threatening situation about a year ago helps with that... :)

What I found so interesting was how Solkin described how your body functions in the heat.  Basically, it seems like you either can keep your pace and endanger yourself in overheating, or you can slow down and allow your body to do its job in keeping you cool.  Knowing the physiology behind the heat, my body, and my running makes me feel a bit better in all the slow running I've been doing lately.

You know what this all means of course.  Since I've been running all my distance here in the Houston heat and humidity, by the time I get to Chicago in October, I'm bound to Boston qualify. :)

HA!  YEAH RIGHT! 

3 comments:

  1. There are advantages to living in the NW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! We'll talk again in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm bound to make a world record!! :) I'm always a little bit faster during the winter. Just a couple more months, right?? We can make it!

    ReplyDelete