After a terrible race last week, blazing temperatures and starting a new job this week, I hit a slump in my training. As in I only ran 8 miles total last week. Not so good.
Excuses aside, it may have been a good thing to have a bit of a break before I head into my longest training runs before Chicago and Goblin Valley. Time will tell.
I am in need of some motivation, so I will probably be watching Spirit of the Marathon again soon and I've got a few trail running books to pick up from the library.
This week, I'll be running my longest road distance before the marathon-20 miles. I think the road 20 miler will be easier than the trail 25 milers we've got coming up in the next month, but Adam disagrees. That last trail race was such a kick in the pants for me that I'm looking forward to a nice easy road run that I can just shuffle my feet back and forth on.
As I'm writing, I realize what a downer I've been these past few weeks. You might wonder, why is she even doing this? It doesn't even seem like she likes to run. I love running, but just like everything else in life, it definitely has its highs and lows. Right now, I'm a bit at a low, but remember her?
She'll be back soon. Until then, I've got some positive cognitions to think, some confidence to re-build, and some miles to run. :)
8.22.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Awe. I like this post.
ReplyDelete