Last Saturday, Adam and I were supposed to go camping, but the weather didn't cooperate, so we signed up for the Muddy Trails 10K at the last minute. It is a 10K trail race on the George Mitchell Nature Preserve. The race was scheduled for the evening with a crawfish boil and free beer at the end. Needless to say, we will definitely make a repeat performance next year.
A few random notables on the race:
1. Adam totally kicked butt.
2. I ran in a running skirt for the first time.
3. After viewing the race photos, I'm not so sure about the running skirt. :/
4. I beat my target. (annoying girl that cut us off early on)
5. Trail races are soooo different from road races.
6. Free beer (Abita Purple Haze) and free crawfish after a run are awesome.
7. Going in with the race strategy "I'm going to just run fast" is a good one.
**Disclaimer: This race strategy was developed by Adam, but inspired by Scott.
Our finish time was 1:05:16--a minute off our last 10K. The Capitol 10K is this weekend, so I'm kind of wondering how we'll do there. I always run slower on the trail, so maybe we'll be a bit faster, but then this week has not been too good with TAKS testing and what not. But that's a whole different post...
4.07.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Jen, I'm so glad you are doing so well.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great report. How fun!! I love the race strategy. I need to adapt that. Running fast is fun, if I can remember that far back :)
ReplyDeleteGOD LUCK in Austin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
work it
ReplyDeleteYep, good race strategy. You always hear, "Start off slow..." but I think ocassionally you need to start off fast just to see what you can handle. I think I learned that from Scott, too. Good luck next week!
ReplyDelete