Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I also listened to this sequel of The Hunger Games (which by the way, I'm playing for my students during advisement time now). While I was listening to the first one, I often thought I'd like the second one better and I was right. And of course now that I've finished the second, I can't wait for the third. :)
This series has a lot to offer for a lot of different types of readers. It's got a lot of action, character development, a suspenseful plot, a love story, and it even would be great for discussion with all the political/social drama it brings up.
To me, I kept asking myself, what are humans like at the core when they're truly faced with life or death situations? I really liked how Suzanne Collins wrote a strong female character and I hope more young girls catch on to this and move on from Twilight.
I wonder how long it will take for Hollywood to turn the series into a movie. It seems like every movie coming out lately was a book first. Some books are better left alone.
View all my reviews >>







Adam is finishing up the book on audio too. He just paused it to say, "You know, they never talk about going to the bathroom in the arena."
ReplyDeleteGotta love him :)