about the blog anyway...
I cannot believe it, but I am actually caught up in blogging 2010. Starting back in October, I had started posts and put together pictures, but was never getting around to finishing anything, but now, I'm all caught up. If you haven't visited in a while, be sure to check back. A number of people have been wondering why I haven't been blogging. So far, 2011 has not brought anything fun to blog about. Actually, so far, 2011 kinda stinks. A whole bunch of this and that have been making life a bit stressful for both of us, but we're making it.
Adam gave up drinking coffee because he was the back up donor for a bone marrow transfusion. Inspired by him, I worked my way down to half caff. Pretty big deal around this house. We've since gotten word that the best match was able to donate without any problems, so he is free to drink coffee again, but surprisingly hasn't really gone back to it.
My new year resolution was to meditate daily as a way to help me with my anxiety. While I do not do it daily, I have certainly experienced many benefits from practicing meditation. I'm sure it sounds like crazy new age crap to some, but it really does help me quite a bit. Not only does it help me to relax while I'm doing it, but I can tell that it helps me to relax throughout the day as well. If interested at all, try downloading some free podcasts and giving it a try. Start off with some that focus on deep breathing.
I'm still going to doctor's appointments and my sessions at TIRR Challenge. At TIRR, I've been working through a lot of the issues surrounding the accident, brain injury, and PTSD. It has been very helpful, but some sessions are hard to get through and leave me feeling worse than others.
Adam has been pretty busy with work. It's been keeping his stress level high and he's been finding it difficult to leave it at work which is something that is important to him. He has the philosophy of working to live, not living to work. I've also been pretty busy with work, but feel like I'm really starting to get comfortable in my role as a pre-k teacher. I feel like I'm beginning to understand more and more about how to best teach them and nurture their development.
I'm trying to think of a way to end this somewhat depressing post (despite it's positive title), so I'll conclude with saying that I'm so glad to have the day off. Happy President's Day!
2.21.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Sweet - I'm anxious to check out the other posts. :)
ReplyDeleteMe too, I'm glad you are back.
ReplyDelete