2.06.2011

Remember December?

December really threw things in a flurry.  It was definitely the busiest December I've ever had.  Birthday parties, doctors appointments, social engagements, work parties, school responsibilities, the list goes on...

I thought I'd just highlight a few notables through pictures.

Brewing a Holiday Ale
ingredients
making the mash
Making the wort...is it going to boil over?  Yes indeed.  We need a bigger boiling pot.

Class Christmas Party
This is the first picture I've posted of my classroom.  I covered up my kiddos faces for privacy.  The only reason I'm posting this is because I think the face I'm making and my posturing are priceless.  I wonder how often I look like this in class. :)

Fostering a Dog
This border collie mix had been up and down our street all day and finally in the late afternoon, we decided to bring her in and wash her up and foster her overnight until we could find her owner.  She was obviously someone's pet, but we're not sure why she wasn't wearing her collar.  We posted signs that evening and the owner called the next afternoon.  Yay!

 FMC Christmas Party
Last year, we hosted a little pre-party before the company party and it was a lot of fun, so we decided to do it again.  I was taking a bit longer to get ready than expected, so Adam was playing host, complete with my apron and all.
Adam's Napoleon Dynamite impression?
I threw in a two weird ones of Adam, so to be fair, I threw in one of myself.


One is the Loneliest Number
This is the only package that I got to wrap "all pretty."  I love to wrap, but unfortunately this holiday season, I just didn't have the time.  This gift was for my work Christmas party white elephant exchange.  The bow became kind of a joke as it was paired with another present one of the other ladies brought.  I'll let your imaginations run wild, but don't let the fact that we spend our workdays with small children fool you.
Calm Christmas
Since the month of December was so full of chaos and running around, the days before and after Christmas were spent much like this.  Relaxing around the house and chillin' with the dogs.  The whole week before Christmas and after actually turned out to not be so great because I was not doing so well.  Next year, I think we might decide to get out of town again like we did a few years back and go out to Big Bend again.

1 comment:

  1. The dog looked happy to be with you. Maybe she heard that you two are runners. :)

    ReplyDelete