9.12.2010

My new job

Tomorrow I will start my new job as a prekindergarten teacher.

HUH?

Yep, a prek teacher.  The opportunity just kind of fell in my lap thanks to my Aunt Cynthia.  (Thanks Cynthia!)

It has the possibility of being the perfect thing for me right now.  I still get to teach, but half time (school hours are 9 to 2 each day).  I will have a much smaller class (seven kids).  And hopefully an overall less demanding environment.  Plus, I'll get to have fun, be creative, and teach four year olds all day.

I'll be working with the current teacher this week to make a smooth transition for the kids and then I'll be their lead teacher in my own classroom next week.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds great, Jen. Good luck. I'm glad you got the job. I'm so glad you have Adam and are able to take things easier. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! Pre-k and kindergarten are my ideal grades (I work a lot better with the younger ones). I'm sure you'll have lots of fun making crafts and singing songs and taking it a little bit easier. And a small class is heaven! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I think you'll make a fun pre-k teacher.

    ReplyDelete