10.03.2010

31!!! Happily Moving Forward into My 30's :)

Turning 31 was nothing.  I welcomed it even.  Turning 30, well that was a different story, but I'm glad to be where I am.  A girlfriend of mine has developed a theory that if turning 30 was really hard for you, then 50 is a breeze and if 30 was easy, 50 is tough.  So according to her it's all good from here on out.

The day before, my mom came down to my school to surprise me with a plant, balloons, and cupcakes for my kids.  I took pics of the kids enjoying them, but can't post for privacy reasons.  I'm not sure you'd want to see them anyway because 4 year olds eating cupcakes can get ugly.  The next day, Adam and I celebrated together.

To my astonishment, Adam made this bouquet himself.  He bought several different kinds of flowers and put this together.  I wouldn't have believed it, but I watched him do it.  Very impressive.  He knows how much I looove fresh flowers. :)
Adam also made me a cake--my favorite--strawberry!!  Notice the 29.  He either 1) has no idea how old his wife is, 2) is not ready to admit his wife is fully in her thirties now and that he is soon to be 30 himself, or 3) was trying to be sensitive to me growing older because I had a hard time with 30 last year.  It turns out it was #3 in combination with trying to be funny.  For some reason I feel like I'll have a cake with as many candles as I'm really turning at some point in my future.


Before heading out for a nice dinner at Jaspers.  Yummy food, wine, and dessert.



For my birthday, I gave myself the present of some new running clothes because believe it or not, I run in some clothes that are like 10 years old.  No kidding.  The newer stuff out there is so much better fit/function/cuteness wise.  It was fun to splurge a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment