3.26.2010

Spring Has Sprung

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. The trees get new leaves. The lawn greens up. Flowers begin to bloom. It's refreshing after a few months of short days and cold weather.

This year, I feel like spring is a metaphor for my life. For the past 8 months, I feel like I've been stuck in a Groundhog's Day of the most dreary winter imaginable. Don't worry. I'm not going to spiral into a sulking pity party of all the bad stuff that we've been going through since the accident. That's not what spring is about. Spring is about new beginnings.

Just as our verbena has begun to bloom, so did I as I started to realize there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Just as we transplanted our fringe flowers to a new place, I've begun to realize that maybe there is no more "normal" the way it was before. I've realized that we now have a "new normal." Just as I impatiently await our azaleas to start blooming, I am impatiently waiting to be finished with all the insurance and bills and to finally, finally put all of this behind us. Just as I inspect our bougainvillea every day to see if it will make it after the freeze, I find myself wondering if I will ever feel completely recovered.

Just like our yard is an ever changing landscape, I am changing and getting better with every passing day.

3 comments:

  1. Spring is like a box of chocolates; snow sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been an inspiration to many and "new beginnings" are exciting and you get a second chance and that's always good.

    ReplyDelete