10.10.2011

Now I'll Never Wonder Again

I'm a person that concerns themselves with spelling and grammar.  I can't help it.  Albeit, since the accident, sometimes the spelling doesn't come to me as quickly or naturally, but it still concerns me, so now, I just double check.  :)

Sure, sometimes I let it slide on an occasional text, email, or even blog post, but it does slightly bother me each time I do it.  It's the principle I guess.  If I know it's supposed to be "y'all" and my phone doesn't fix "yall" automatically, it's hard to let it go (which sometimes I do even though it takes a bit longer).

Grammar when using emoticons?  No idea.  That's not the thing I'll never wonder about again.  What I will never wonder about again is how to spell the color gray/grey.  I think I've gone back and forth my whole life because I've seen it both ways.  But, now I know, technically, I should stick to gray.  Gray is how it's spelled in the United States and grey is how it's spelled in Great Britain.

How will I remember this little factoid that I'm sure no one else has really ever wondered about (or a very small population of people if that)?

GrAy is how it is spelled in America.
GrEy is how it is spelled in England.

There you have it.  Something I felt was useful enough to come out of blog hiding.  Probably more likely just using it as an excuse to hide from my long list of other things I have to do today.  

Don't take offense to my blogging today if you are one of the many people that I haven't talked to in forever.  The mayhem continues.  See above comment about hiding from my to do list.

3 comments:

  1. I always wondered, too. And I think I've been switching it up my whole life, also. Welcome back... ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I always spell it gray but have always wondered why there are 2 ways to spell it. Thanks for clearing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! And this is just one of the reasons why I love you, Jen!

    ReplyDelete